Up to 40 Travel Awards, for Early and Mid-Career Researchers, are available from the UKRI MRC National Musculoskeletal Ageing Network, to support registration, travel and accommodation costs for the BSRA Annual Scientific Meeting 2023 (6 – 8 September 2023, University of Westminster, London, UK).
- Each Travel Award will cover travel, accommodation and conference registration costs up to a maximum total value of £1000.
- Travel must be economy class non-flexible/non-refundable tickets.
- Accommodation costs of up to £150 per night are permitted (maximum 3 nights).
Eligibility criteria and award conditions
- Early-Career Researcher: Applicant must be in training or within 5 years of attainment of higher degree or completion of specialist training, based on full time equivalent work (allowances will be made for career breaks e.g. parental or carer leave/ sickness/changing careers or for those working part time).
- Mid-Career Researcher: Applicant must be within 5-10 years of attainment of higher degree in a non-tenured position (allowances will be made for career breaks e.g. parental or carer leave / sickness / changing careers or for those working part time).
- The applicant must acknowledge funding support from the UKRI MRC National Musculoskeletal Ageing Network in any presentation at the BSRA conference.
- The applicant must register for, and attend, the full BSRA conference (including the MRC Musculoskeletal Ageing Symposium, 3-5 PM on Friday 8 September).
- Applicants who have submitted an abstract to the BSRA conference will receive higher priority.
- Applicants will submit the completed form below, together with proof of registration to the full meeting, and a short explanation of why they will benefit from attendance, to Amanda Percival (email@example.com), by 31 July 2023
- Successful applicants will be notified in August 2023
- After the conference, successful applicants will submit a claim to the University of Southampton (via Amanda Percival as above), along with original receipts
Download the application form here.
MRC National Musculoskeletal Ageing Network
For more information: https://mskageingresearch.net/