The BSRA are offering a contribution of up to £500 towards journal publication charges for research articles relating to the biology of ageing to be published in peer reviewed journals.
- The core theme of the article must relate to the biology of ageing. Manuscripts may either be ready for submission to a journal or have already been accepted for publication, and the BSRA will require evidence of journal acceptance.
- The BSRA will not provide funding for work which was supported by UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) as it is expected that publication charges should be available to these authors through their funding.
- In addition, where authors are affiliated with institutions which participate in the UK Read and Publish (Springer Compact) agreement https://resource-cms.springernature.com/springer-cms/rest/v1/content/16939188/data/v2 the BSRA will not provide funding for publication.
- Applicants must be current members of BSRA.
Applications for publication funds may be submitted at any point throughout the year. The BSRA allocates a fixed sum of £2000 to support publication charges annually. Once these funds have been utilised we will not be able to support further applications.
To apply for publication funds from the BSRA please download and fill in the publication funds application form, and email the completed form to N.R.W.Martin@lboro.ac.uk . If your article has already been accepted for publication then please ensure that you also attach an email of acceptance for publication from the journal.
Terms and conditions
- Funds will only be provided on acceptance of the article for publication.
- If the article is not accepted for publication by the stated journal, then the BSRA must be notified so that funds can be redistributed accordingly. If funded, authors must use the following statement in the published manuscript “This work was supported in part by publication funds provided by the British Society for Research on Ageing”
- Successful applicants must use @B_S_R_A in all social media announcements relating to the award and related activity.
- Funds cannot be used to pay for staff salaries.
- In the event of being unable to support a submission with publication funds, feedback will not be provided.