Laboratory consumables: Funds of up to £1000 are available for the purchase of laboratory consumable items or specialist equipment to pump prime an experiment related to the biology of ageing, or to finalise a current set of experiments.
Doctoral and post-doctoral scientists (up to 10 years post-PhD) who are based at a UK institution and conducting research related to the biology of ageing are eligible to apply for funding. Applicants must currently hold BSRA membership.
We are not currently accepting applications for these funds. Deadlines for these funding opportunities will appear later in the year.
To apply for funding from the BSRA please download and fill in the funding application form, clearly indicating which type of funding you are applying for. Please email the completed application form to N.R.W.Martin@lboro.ac.uk
Terms and conditions
- Successful applicants must acknowledge the BSRA funding in all of their research activities which relate to the award. For example, the BSRA logo must be presented in all conference presentations and the BSRA must be acknowledged in all publications. The BSRA logo can be found here : https://bsra.org.uk/redox-signalling-in-physiology-ageing-and-disease-meeting/bsra-logo-full-name-side/
- Successful candidates must provide feedback to the BSRA, outlining how this funding has been used, the benefit to the applicant and how this activity is important for ageing research. This summary will be used for the BSRA newsletter and posted to the BSRA webpage.
- Successful applicants must use @B_S_R_A in all social media announcements relating to the award and related research activity.
- Funds cannot be used to pay for staff salaries.
- In the event of a submission being unsuccessful, we are unable to give feedback.
- The final decision of the grant panel is not subject to appeal.